Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Look what NASA gave me!


There was an awards ceremony today at KSC.  I got an award for a project that I worked on when I first started here.  For almost a year, I worked on the Circuit Information Management System.  It is an AngularJS-based application.  The biggest challenge was getting the old data, spread across numerous legacy systems, imported into CIMS.  Seriously, I wrote data migration programs that parsed spreadsheets that were almost 30 years old to get the data needed for this project.  On a related note, I can't believe that Microsoft Excel was released in 1985!  Wow.

Anyway, even though this award is only an honorable mention, it still means a lot to me.  I poured a lot of hard work into this project and it's nice to be recognized.  

No comments: