Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

Upping my fitness plan.


Well, I'm joining Planet Fitness today.  It's right down the road from me and I have run out of excuses to not work out.  I've lost a lot of weight over the past couple of years, and since I find myself with a lot more energy nowadays, I think I need to put it to good use.

I may sign up for the "Black Card" membership.  It's $19,99 per month.  There's a lot of amenities that go with that. But, the main reason for me is that I'll have unlimited guest privileges.  That means that once per day I can bring a guest with me to work out.  So, I'm planning on taking my wife or my daughter with me.

I did the "Body for Life" work-out years ago, and it worked well for me.  It was an alternating daily schedule of upper-body, cardio, and lower-body work-outs for six-days per week for 12-weeks.  Sunday was a free day.   Now, on that plan, I could eat whatever I wanted on Sunday (because I was following a limited diet during the week).  That worked well for me.  But, since I'm already following a particular diet for the next several weeks, I think I'll just co-opt the work-out portion of BFL, and use it.

While I'm happy with the weight that I've lost, I feel that there's more that I can do to "tone up" a little.  To be brutally honest, the weight loss has given me some sagging skin issues so I'm hoping that a moderate weight-lifting routine will help, at least a little, with that problem.

Anyway, I've heard good things about the Planet Fitness that I'll be going to.  I'm looking forward to getting in there and sweating a bit :-)

No comments: